Welcome to NYCASE
Congratulations to Our Two Award Winners! Debra Kienke, Special Education Adminstrator of the Year Award and Karen Norlander Friend of Special Education Award.
Please scroll down this page to our Bulletin Board and then to announcements for more details. We will be updating this page soon.
The Special Education Administrator according to National CASE:
Makes serving and supporting exceptional children and their parents the primary responsibility;
- Strives to be proficient in current professional practice;
- Supports study and research guided by the conventions of scholarly inquire;
- Respects the privacy of students and parents and holds as confidential information in accordance with State/Provincial and Federal laws;
- Regards colleagues, parents and students with respect, courtesy, fairness, and good faith;
- Upholds and advances the values, ethics knowledge and mission of the profession;
- Fosters and supports maximum self-determination and independence on the part of exceptional children;
- Utilizes impartial professional judgment in evaluating the needs of exceptional children and their parents;
- Accepts the responsibility to provide meaningful training experiences to colleagues, general educators, and the public;
- Promotes the general welfare of exceptional children.